Someone recently asked how we use essential oils on a regular basis. I thought I’d share it here in case anyone is curious, whether you’ve already started using oils and don’t know quite how to move forward…or you’re just learning about oils and want to know more. Here’s an average day for us lately…
- moisturize my face with a little coconut oil and a drop of Elemi (similar to Frankincense)
- add a drop of Orange to my Thieves toothpaste (just read that Orange is supposed to help whiten teeth!)
- put on Meadow Mist deodorant
- put a drop of Stress Away on my wrists/neck as perfume (aka hopefully keep me sane)
- drink an ounce of the NingXia Red antioxidant drink
- give Sophie a spoonful of honey with a drop of Lemon and a drop of Lavender for her seasonal sniffles and sneezing
- diffuse Thieves and Orange in the living room while the kids are playing (makes the house smell amazing, supports our immune systems)
- rub Elemi, Lemon, and White Fir on the kids’ chests to support their respiratory systems and help them sleep more easily
- rub a drop of Purification around the kids’ ears to keep them clear even when their heads are full of snot
- press a drop of Peppermint on the roof of the mouth to help relieve pressure
- put Thieves on our feet before we head out (to the public library, mom’s group at church, etc)
- diffuse Lavender and Cedarwood in the kids’ room during nap time
- added a drop of Citrus Fresh to some sauteed asparagus last night-delicious!
- rub Lavender on the kids’ feet before bed
- diffuse Lavender and Cedarwood in their room again, as well as Raven to encourage with easy breathing
- drink a cup of “tea” before bed: hot water with a couple drops of Thieves and Lemon, with a spoonful of honey (tastes good, immune-boosting)
- moisturize my face with coconut oil and a drop of Melaleuca (aka tea tree)
- put a bit of diluted Oregano on one of my moles (hoping I can lose it)
- coat my cracking cold-weather hands with beeswax ointment and a couple drops of Melrose
- roll Tranquil on my wrists and neck for peaceful rest
- diffuse Lavender and Cedarwood in our room
That’s quite the list when I type it all out! So yeah, we’re into oils…specifically Young Living essential oils. Young Living is a top-notch company with high quality products. I am very proud to be a part of what they’re doing and thankful for the ways their oils have blessed our family. If you want to know more…
Go here to browse through the product pages.
Go here to check out their starter kits. Many of the oils I mentioned are in the Everyday Oils Collection, which comes in the Premium Starter Kit – awesome deal!
Go here to learn more about Young Living and the Essential Families group I am so proud to be a part of.
P.S. Mama’s got the oil you need.
YL ID #1538661