Every once in a while friends will ask me about baby must-haves, and I’ve always wished I could just direct them to a pre-made list. Well, now I can!
- The Bradley Method by Robert A. Bradley This is more about being pregnant and giving birth, but it is totally worth putting on this list. Without a doubt, it enabled me to have a natural, drug-free labor and delivery with Sweetboy.
- On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep by Gary Ezzo and Robert Buckman
- The Vaccine Book: Making the Right Decision for Your Child by Robert W. Sears
- Baby Led Weaning is, hands down, one of the best parenting decisions we have made, for so many reasons!
- Ask Lenore I just recently came across this website. It seems to cover several issues, but I wish I had seen the breast feeding advice when Crazytown was born.
- Modern Alternative Pregnancy I haven’t used this website much, but I subscribe to Modern Alternative Mama. Again, I wish I had known about this website with Crazytown.
- aden + anais swaddling blankets or the cheaper version by Summer Infant
- aden + anais sleep sack for warm weather
- Grobag sleep sack for colder weather and/or lighter jammies
- Medela breast pump
- Schwinn Turismo stroller for one baby
- Baby Trend stroller for two babies
- Moby Wrap
- Hyland’s teething gel and cold tablets
- Sunbaby cloth diapers
We had/have plenty of other stuff too, of course, but these are the things I really love. I’m sure I’ll think of fifty more as soon as I hit “publish.”
Oh, and if I could bottle up the sweet aroma from the top of my baby’s head, I would add that to the list. He smells deliciously of oatmeal and new chicks, with a splash of milk. (Emily D, you know you would buy it.)